Recycling to resume; Libraries to offer curbside; Arboretum plant sale this week
The City of Picayune’s recycling program will resume again on June 3rd. It will resume as it was before, no changes, same days and same way. Christy Goss with the City of Picayune said the resumption of services is due to the driver population being restored to the contractor, Coastal Environmental Services.
The Pearl River County Library System is excited to resume some of its services, and is now receiving materials that were checked out before COVID-19 closures. You may return materials to CROSBY MEMORIAL LIBRARY, PICAYUNE through the Goodyear Boulevard entrance, or to POPLARVILLE PUBLIC LIBRARY through the meeting room door. Any fines accrued after March 14 will be waived.
You may now request books online by visiting our website www.pearlriver.lib.ms.us, and following the link to our online card catalog, or you may request books by calling our checkout desks. The CROSBY LIBRARY desk phone is 601 798 5081. The POPLARVILLE LIBRARY desk phone is 601 795 8411.
All patrons must call and arrange a time to pick up materials. Checkouts are limited to 2 items per person and return times will be increased to 4 weeks instead of 2.
All curbside services will be contactless. Call the checkout desk upon arrival and give us a description of your vehicle. Library staff will bring your books to your car.
The Crosby Arboretum will hold its Spring Native Plant Sale on Friday, May 15, & Saturday, May 16, for the public from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Crosby Arboretum members are allowed to enter at 9:00 AM. Here are the guidelines that Arboretum guests will need to follow:
• Only 10 guests are permitted in the sales area at one time
• Guests will enter the Arboretum through the service entrance and remain in their vehicles until space in the sales area is available
• While waiting in their vehicles, guests will be given a plant list and guidelines for the sale
• When guests are allowed in the sales area, they will stop at the Welcome Table for a wristband and to sign in
• Please keep a 6’ distance between yourself and others. Masks are encouraged but not required