Keep Picayune Beautiful Receives Award from Keep Mississippi Beautiful
JACKSON, MS, APRIL 25, 2019 – Keep Picayune Beautiful, a community-based affiliate of Keep America Beautiful, the nation’s leading organization for litter prevention, recycling, and beautification, recently was recognized by Keep Mississippi Beautiful at its annual award luncheon.
Keep Mississippi Beautiful’s annual award luncheon honors Mississippians who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in their communities in the areas of litter prevention, recycling, waste reduction, beautification, and community improvement.
“This year’s award winners show the good work that these Mississippians are doing to take make our beautiful state a better place to live and for others to visit,” Sarah Kountouris, Keep Mississippi Beautiful Executive Director said.
L-R Front: Barry Lee (Picayune Fire Dept), Jim Luke (City of Picayune), Leslie Lincoln (Civic Women), Susan Spiers (South Side Elementary), Reba Beebe (Main Street), Byron Hill (MS Power).
Back: Terry Farr (Chamber), Josh Abercrombie (Picayune Fire Dept), Tom Milar (Main Street), Christy Goss (City of Picayune), Eric Morris (City of Picayune)
· Civic Women’s Club of Picayune received Civic Club Award
· South Side Elementary Susan Speirs’ “Youth the Litter Getters” received Youth Award
· MS Power received Business Partnership Award
· Deputy Fire Chief Barry Lee received Law Enforcement/Public Safety Award
· City of Picayune won local Government Award
· Keep Picayune Beautiful won the affiliate award